Cardinal Gravel Camp
Ride Gravel With Us!
Enjoy four fully-supported rides on some of the best gravel routes in Virginia. Beginner-friendly and advanced routes will build on each other to prepare you for the final Gravel Camp weekend—two days of riding from Wilderness Adventure at Eagle Landing.
Sign up for a ride individually, or join our Gravel Camp Training Program to build your fitness and skills in a supportive group environment.
These are non-timed rides and not races.
Each camp day is a supported gravel ride, with food and snacks mid-ride, and one of our professional mechanics at the start and on course if anything unexpected comes up. Register for a single ride or join the training program and get all four plus other goodies!
Ride 1: Saturday May 20 – The Peaks Retreat & Adventure Center
- Start: 9am
- 20-Mile Route: Beginner-friendly route with smooth rolling gravel.
- 40-Mile Route: Two big climbs on smooth gravel roads followed by super fun and fast rolling gravel.
Ride 2: Saturday June 24 – Red Rooster Coffee, Floyd, VA
- Start 9am
- 24-Mile Route: This ride is short in distance, but expect some of the climbs to be steep. We will have no-drop groups based on pace, which means everyone will re-group after climbs and no one is left behind. Expect ride times of 2 to 3.5 hours. There will be one aid station at mile 10.
- 31-Mile Route: If 21 isn't quite enough, but 45 seems like a bit much, this is right in between. Expect ride times of 3 to 4 hours. There will be one aid station at mile 10.
- 45-Mile Route: A full day of punchy climbs makes this a challenging ride. Option to explore some singletrack along the way. Experienced riders can expect ride times of 4 to 6 hours. There will be one aid station at mile 25.
Rides 3 and 4: Saturday July 22 and Sunday July 23
- Start 9am
- Location: Wilderness Adventure Lodge
- Short Route Saturday: Coming soon
- Long Route Saturday: Coming soon
- Short Route Sunday: Coming soon
- Long Route Sunday: Coming soon
Book camping and Lodging directly through Wilderness Adventure.