Cardinal x Fleet Feet Triathlon Training Program
Come Train With Us!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the first annual Cardinal x Fleet Feet Triathlon Training Program in Spring 2023! We hope you'll join us next year!
Interested in training for your first triathlon? Or have a few under your belt and looking for a training group for the next? Look no further! Cardinal Bicycle and Fleet Feet Roanoke have teamed up to bring you a training program for the Smith Mountain Lake Sprint Triathlon.
This program is designed for complete beginners who want to learn more and improve, as well as people with some experience and want to be part of a special community and receive special benefits. Our goal is to make training for a triathlon less intimidating.
A sprint tri is a highly accessible training goal with an 8 week program. This goal race in May includes a 750-meter swim, 20K bike ride, and 5K run. (Perfect for beginners and no overnight travel required!)
- 8-Week Training Program
- Info Session on Triathlon-Specific Topics
- Wednesday Night Coached Group Swim
- Thursday Group Run & Happy Hour
- Sunday Brick (Bike/Run) Workout
- Discounts on Swim Pricing at Gator Aquatics Center
- Private Facebook Group for discussion, questions, and getting to know your training partners
- Pre-Race Tune-Up Priority Service (scheduled in advance and at least 3 weeks before race day - subject to parts availability)
- Discounts from Cardinal Bicycle and Fleet Feet Roanoke on select apparel and Wahoo products
- $100 OFF a Retul Fit (cannot be combined with the New Bike Package)
- 10% Discount off any nutrition product, one shoe purchase, or any non-rechargeable accessory at Fleet Feet Roanoke
- $10 OFF any pair of insoles at Fleet Feet Roanoke
Training Program Events
March 16 at 6pm: Training Kick-Off, Group Run & Info Session
March 23 at 6:30pm: Post-Run Info Session: Intro to Triathlon - Preparing for Your First Race at Cardinal Bicycle
April 20 at 6:30pm: Post-Run Info Session: Preparing for Race Day & Mastering Transition at Cardinal Bicycle
May 6: Race Day! for Smith Mountain Lake Sprint Triathlon
Weekly Training Schedule
Wednesday at 6:30pm: Coached Group Swim at Gator Aquatics Center
Thursday at 6pm: Group Run and Happy Hour at Cardinal (Grandin Village)
Sunday: Bike/Brick Workout at Cardinal (Grandin Village)